The Medicare Rights Center (www.medicarerights.org) is a national, nonprofit consumer service organization that works to ensure access to affordable health care for older adults and people with disabilities through counseling and advocacy, educational programs, and public policy initiatives. Medicare Rights’ unique blend of service, education, and advocacy ensures that real consumer experiences reach the highest levels of policymaking, and that policies and laws adopted at state and federal levels are translated for consumers and effectively implemented. Since its founding in 1989, Medicare Rights has provided assistance to millions of people and laid the groundwork for successful collaborations with advocates and policymakers in New York, Washington, DC, and other states.
The Position—Director of Strategic Partnerships
Medicare Rights is seeking a full-time Director of Strategic Partnerships. This position collaborates regularly across departments to help ensure that Medicare Rights’ products and services are competitive, visible, and a growing source of earned income for the organization. The position is part of the senior management team.
Activities to be pursued by the Director of Strategic Partnerships, in concert with other Medicare Rights Center staff, include the following:
- Oversee Medicare Rights’ portfolio of active partners, communicating with partner contacts regularly to ensure satisfaction with Medicare Rights’ products and services.
- Identify and initiate communications with partner prospects that might be interested in Medicare Rights’ products and services, including academic institutions, financial advisors, health care professionals, attorneys, insurers, and others. Follow up regularly with prospects to secure contracts and payment.
- Coordinate, participate in, summarize, and schedule next steps related to meetings and calls with diverse prospects to promote and sell Medicare Rights’ products and services.
- Coordinate with Medicare Rights staff to ensure that new partners’ products and services are customized as needed, delivered on time, and usage reports are generated. Support new partners’ promotional efforts by coordinating with Medicare Rights’ communications staff.
- Carry ideas from the field to relevant departments, making suggestions and helping implement plans to add new features to existing products and to develop new products.
- In coordination with the Director of Digital Strategy & Communications, develop digital marketing content in the form of infographics, outreach emails, discount code promotions, and more to promote Medicare Rights’ products and services with diverse audiences.
- Ensure that professional continuing education units (CEU) for Medicare Rights’ online curriculum are current with CEU approval entities.
- Identify and recruit sponsors for Medicare Rights’ annual awards event.
- Attend local and national conferences to promote and sell Medicare Rights’ products and services and learn more about what professionals in the field need with regards to Medicare learning.
- As appropriate, test components of Medicare Interactive and other new products and services and provide feedback on user-friendliness, style, and overall competitiveness in Medicare learning markets.
- Discuss upcoming contract renewals with supervisor and relevant staff in a timely manner, and negotiate new/renewed contracts wherever possible.
- Track correspondence, administrative deadlines, deliverables, and invoicing schedules, working with relevant staff, and report on activities regularly at departmental meetings, all-staff meetings, Board meetings, and elsewhere.
- Others duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
- 7+ years of experience in roles of increasing responsibility in sales, marketing, product development, and/or related fields
- Direct experience managing sales flows with diverse partners
- Interest in and experience developing tactics to increase the appeal of products and services
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines at once and to achieve measurable income targets
- Extremely well organized, detail-oriented, and analytical
- Empathetic and committed to Medicare Rights’ mission and values: https://www.medicarerights.org/about-us
Salary is commensurate with experience. The Medicare Rights Center offers a generous benefits package.
The Medicare Rights Center is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified individuals. Please visit https://www.medicarerights.org/about to learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Medicare Rights supports a culture of learning and professional growth. Those who meet many but not all of the qualifications are still encouraged to apply.
We kindly ask that only individuals authorized to work in the United States apply; we cannot offer visa sponsorship.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com with “Director of Strategic Partnerships” in the subject line. Cover letter files should be labeled “Last Name – Cover Letter” and resumes should be labeled “Last Name – Resume.” No phone calls, please.