Client Services Associate (Full-Time)
New York, New York
The Medicare Rights Center (www.medicarerights.org) is a national, nonprofit consumer service organization that works to ensure access to affordable health care for older adults and people with disabilities through counseling and advocacy, educational programs and public policy initiatives. Medicare Rights’ unique blend of direct service, advocacy, education and policy work ensures that real consumer experiences reach the highest levels of policymaking, and that policies and laws adopted at state and federal levels are translated for consumers and effectively implemented. Since its founding in 1989, Medicare Rights has provided assistance to more than one million people and laid the groundwork for successful collaborations with advocates and policymakers in New York, Washington, D.C. and other states.
The Position—Client Services Associate
Medicare Rights is seeking a full-time Client Services Associate. This person will report to the Director of Programs & Outreach and work directly with people who need help accessing, understanding and affording their Medicare benefits. This Associate will also manage a key technical assistance project for the department, and give trainings and presentations to professionals and people with Medicare throughout New York State. Comprehensive training in Medicare benefits is provided.
- Answer consumer and professional callers via telephone and e-mail addressing questions about Medicare.
- Serve as our New York State Senior Health Insurance Information Counseling & Assistance Program (SHIP) liaison which includes, providing technical assistance to the statewide network, compiling monthly reports and giving monthly presentations about complex Medicare topics.
- Manage a volunteer helpline shift comprised of 6 to 10 volunteers.
- Analyze data and reports to inform Medicare Rights’ staff about trends in order to create or produce new consumer-friendly materials resulting from information received through the helpline.
- Maintain accurate, quality records relevant to Medicare trends and call data to inform the Medicare Rights Center’s policy work and educational resources.
The successful candidate will be a well organized, outgoing, self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
Undergraduate degree required.
Interest in direct service, training professionals and conducting trainings is required.
Experience or knowledge of Medicare or Medicaid preferred, but not required.
Salary is commensurate with experience. The Medicare Rights Center offers a generous benefits package.
Some travel required.
The Medicare Rights Center is committed to diversity, and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com with “Client Services Associate” in the subject line. Cover letter files should be labeled “Last Name – Cover Letter,” and resumes should be labeled “Last Name – Resume.” No phone calls, please.